This was a fun website design project to work on for NYC Fashion Blogger Bree from the Tall Society. She blogs about what it’s like being a 6’4″ woman in New York City while sharing her favorite fashion finds with her followers. This blog was built on WordPress which is a great CMS platform for bloggers. WordPress allows Bree to login to the administration panel of her website from anywhere and update the image slider, add new blog posts as well as edit any text or images. The website acts as her main hub for sharing “All Things Tall” and connects all her social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Youtube) in just one place.
Features on this WordPress blog include:
- Responsive Image Slider: The homepage has a responsive image slider that resizes based on which device you are viewing the website from. It showcases high quality images from select blog posts.
- Mobile Friendly Design: The responsive framework of this custom built website resizes based on which device you are viewing it from. From mobile phones to tablets to laptops, this website will display beautifully on all devices. On the mobile view the menu resizes and becomes just a button to reflect the smaller screen size.
- Sidebar Advertisements: Google AdSense was integrated into the website to monetize it and generate revenue. We placed 3 responsive ads into the sidebar for the user to click on.
- Social Media: Social media integration allows users to easily share any of the blog posts via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. There is also another area of the sidebar that allows users to navigate to Bree’s other social media pages.
- Instagram Feed: There is an Instagram feed at the bottom of the website which gets dynamically updated whenever Bree adds a new picture to her Instagram page. This is a great moving piece of the website because it keeps the website more interactive and very current.
- Video integration: Youtube videos were integrated into the sidebar for quick access and several different blog posts.
- SignUp Pop Up: When arriving on the site there is a pop up that appears that prompts users to subscribe to The Tall Society Newsletter.
- Newsletter SignUp: Users are able to enter their email address into the signup box on the sidebar to stay up to date with new posts and news from The Tall Society blog.
Check out the homepage design below or visit www.TheTallSociety.com to see more of this awesome new blog!