Word-of-Mouth and Online Customer Reviews are changing the Marketing World
Great article on Hubspot about why social media marketing is more important than ever for businesses of all sizes.
“Inbound marketing is a vital technique for businesses to learn. Research continually shows that consumers are averse to traditional marketing techniques; in-your-face advertisements and relentless communications are a thing of the past.”
So why should your business start social media marketing?
- 71% of consumers more likely to purchase when referred by social media
- 63% of social media users feel consumer ratings are #1
- 90% of consumers believe brand recommendations from their friends.
- 70% believe consumer opinions – this means people trust strangers over advertisements
- 61% of consumers use search engines to read about products or services before a purchase
These statistics show social media is not a fad. Social media is here to stay and is growing rapidly in popularity. Keeping up with your business social media profiles and gaining followers is also a great way to increase customer retention rates and to keep an on-going interactive relationship with your customers.